Psychological Impact of Covid19 on Working Class Individuals
Covid 19 situation has created Volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity about present and future of human mankind. This was really unexpected where world was thinking about new achievements with the help of Data science, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics. Corona Virus has challenged all the set rules by human mankind. This change in situation has brought Countries to adopt the concept of lockdowns which very severely impacting world economy. Companies are struggling and working class got trapped into uncertain present and future hypothetical situations.
Fear about losing jobs and challenge about survival has impacting mental wellbeing of working class (employees) which are resulting in to anxiety, loneliness, high stress level, consumption of harmful alcohol and drugs, increase in self harm and suicidal behaviour. Human resource department should design some interventions to take out employees showing above symptoms so that they will contribute meaningfully to their Organisations.
• Bhargava, Y. (2020, April 7). WhatsApp introduces stricter limit on forwards. The Hindu.
• Brooks, S. K., Webster, R. K., Smith, L. E., Woodland, L., Wessely, S., Greenberg, N. and Rubin, G. J. (2020). Rapid Review. Lancet, 395, 912-920.
• Chittaranjan Subudhi (2020) “The COVID-19 Pandemic and Chances of a Mental Health Crisis in India” https://www.researchgate.net/publication/340846093
• Dave, S. (2020, March 26). Is work from home stressful? Companies rope in psychiatrists, experts for counselling. The Economic Times.
• Dayal, S. (2020, April 18). Migrant’s last earning before suicide: Rs 2,500 from sale of phone. The Indian Express.
• Hussain, S. (2020, April 18). COVID-19 Lockdown: How India Can Provide Food Grains to Stranded Migrant Labourers. The Wire.
• IANS, New Delhi. (2020, March 21). This COVID-19 battle could also lead to mysophobia, OCD and depression. India TV.
• India's poorest 'fear hunger may kill us before coronavirus'. (2020, March 25). BBC News.
• Mohit Varshney, Jithin Thomas Parel, Neeraj Raizada,Shiv Kumar Sarin (2020), Initial psychological impact of COVID-19 and its correlates in Indian Community: An online (FEEL-COVID) survey, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0233874.
• Neela Madhav Patnaik (2020), THE EFFECTS OF COVID-19 AND ITS PSYCHOLOGICAL IMPACT ON PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT STRATA IN INDIA,
• Neela Madhav Patnaik and Saikat Maji (2020), Psychological Issues and Stress on People in the Purview of COVID-19 Pandemic Lockdown.
• Mental health and psychosocial considerations during the COVID-19 outbreak 18 March 2020 by WHO. https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/mental-health-considerations.pdf.
• News Article of Indian Express dated May, 16th 2020 on Impact of Covid 19 on Global Economy
• Report of Indian Monitory Fund MF (2020)
• Reuters Report
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.